Most of us have a pair of jeans that we love. But if you don’t have a pair of jeans like this, you may be choosing the wrong jeans for your body type. Don’t worry because we are here to help.
First of all, you have to know your body type. Look at the picture below and find down your body type.
Overview of best jeans for your body shape
- Jeans for apple body shape: Boot Cut, Flare, Marlene
- Jeans for inverted triangle body shape: Boot Cut, Boyfriend, Marlene
- Jeans for triangle body shape: Boot Cut, Flare, Straight
- Jeans for square body shape: Skinny, Straight, Boot Cut
- Jeans for rectangle body shape: Flare, Boyfriend, Marlene
You already know not every jean cut suits every body shape, but if you want to find the most flattering jeans for your figure, here’s a quick run-down of the most popular cuts:
- Boot Cut: slightly flared legs to go over boots
- Skinny: tight fit at seat, thigh and leg
- Flare: fitted thigh, widen dramatically at the knee to become very wide at the ankle
- Bell Bottom: flare from the knees downward, forming a bell-like shape of the trouser leg
- Straight: same width from thigh to ankle
- Boyfriend: relaxed and oversize fit with straight legs, sometimes cuffed at the bottom
- Marlene: wide from hip to hem
- Capri: cropped to go just past the knee or to the calf
PEAR & TRIANGULAR BODY SHAPES
With more curves around the hip and butt and a smaller upper half, it can be harder to find jeans that balance out your proportions and are flattering rather than awkward.
– Bootcut or wider flares – These will help balance out the hips and keep your legs in proportion with the extra fabric around the calves.
– Long inseams – Having a longer length means you can wear heels under your flares and bootcut jeans. This will of course elongate your legs and make them look slimmer.
– Higher rises – Buy jeans with a higher rise as they bring balance to your shape, plus they hide a multitude of sins if you suffer from a muffin top as many of us do.